June 15 (International)
October 1 (International)
Co-op is beneficial for any student looking to gain hands on experience in the field of criminology and criminal justice. Most experiences are paid and Northeastern has partnerships with many local and regional employers. Many students who choose to pursue co-op are hired upon graduation with their co-op employer.
Recent graduate co-op placements include:
- Boston Police Department, Assistant Crime Analyst
- Office of the Inspector General, Assistant Investigator
- Department of Justice Interpol Washington, Intern
- Rwanda National Commission for the Fight against Genocide, Research Intern
- The New England Innocence Project LLC, Intake Intern
- Children’s Advocacy Center of Suffolk County, Support to End Exploitation Now (SEEN) Program Assistant
- Boston Private Financial Holdings Inc, Financial Intelligence Research Assistant
All of the required courses are offered online at least once per academic year. Below is a list of electives that are currently offered online.
Available Online Electives (all requirements offered online)
- CRIM 5201 Global Criminology
- CRIM 5264 Immigration and Crime
- CRIM 5601 Financial Crime
- CRIM 5602 Crime, Place, and Community
- INSH 5302 Information Design and Analysis
- PPUA 5262 Big Data for Cities
- PPUA 5263 Geographic Information Systems
- POLS 7246 Resilient Cities
- POLS 7341 Security and Resilience Policy
- POLS 7343 Counterterrorism
- POLS 7369 International Security
- DA 5020 Collecting, Storing, and Retrieving Data
- DA 5030 Introduction to Data Mining
- PHIL 5005 Information Ethics
- PHIL 5010 AI Ethics
Concentrations and Graduate Certificates
Students interested in pursuing the cybersecurity concentration may indicate so on their application to the MS program. Once admitted, students will work to utilize 12 of their 16 elective credits to complete the concentration. See below for details about the courses required to complete.
Funding Opportunities for MS students
Employment Outcomes for MS students
MS in Criminology and Criminal Justice
Get Started Now
Fill out the form to learn more and download a brochure about Northeastern University’s Master of Science in Criminology and Criminal Justice.
You can also email email@example.com or call us toll-free at +1 877.377.2739 or at +1 617.655.6736 to talk with one of our admissions counselors.