There are four opportunities to start the Master of Public Administration program and the MS in Criminology and Criminal Justice program each year: fall, spring, summer 1, and summer 2.
There are three opportunities to start the Master of Public Policy program each year: fall, spring, and summer.
|Master of Public Administration||July 5, 2023||Not eligible*||June 15, 2023|
|Master of Public Policy||September 6, 2023||June 15, 2023||August 15, 2023|
|MS in Criminology and Criminal Justice||July 5, 2023||Not eligible*||June 15, 2023|
*Summer terms are only open to applicants currently living in the U.S. If you are a student from abroad, we look forward to reviewing your application for the upcoming fall and spring terms.
Applicants must submit the online application and all required admission materials no later than the stated deadlines to be considered for admission.
Required Application Materials
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in any subject area from a regionally accredited institution and a 3.0 GPA.
- Completed online application
- Application fee
- U.S. $75 (application fee waived for MPP Arlington campus applicants only)
- Personal statement
- One to two pages identifying your educational goals and expectations from the program
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Choose individuals with either academic or professional knowledge of your capabilities, such as a faculty member, current employer, or mentor.
- Writing sample (MSCJ only)
- A significant piece of academic writing, approximately 10 pages long
- Evidence of English proficiency for international applicants
Applicants are not required to submit GRE scores.
If admitted, students must provide an official copy of all degree-bearing transcripts within 30 days after classes start.
Send official transcripts to:Graduate Office
College of Social Sciences and Humanities
180 Renaissance Park
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
The Graduate Office also accepts official electronic transcripts, and these can be sent to email@example.com.
Note that materials submitted for admission consideration are university property and will not be returned to the applicant.
Get Started Now
Fill out the form to learn more and download a brochure about Northeastern University’s Master of Public Administration, Master of Public Policy, Master of Science in Criminology and Criminal Justice, or Graduate Certificates.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll-free at +1 877.377.2739 or at +1 617.655.6736 to talk with one of our admissions counselors.